Current news from Kilburn Fair Credit Campaign
- working with all members to develop our three Money Talks and enable all members to feel confident at giving them.
- negotiating with agencies and groups where we can hold these community conversations – current contacts include South Hampstead Life Long Learning Centre (SHELL), Sacred Heart Church in Quex Road, the local Filipino and Somali communities.
- looking at how to set up and improve training for volunteers to be Money Friends.
- establishing a regular presence on Saturday mornings in Rowley Way tenants hall to promote credit unions.
- help both old and new inquirers with resolving financial issues both through community contact and the above presence on Rowley Way.
- identifying groups in South Kilburn who may set up and sustain Savings Clubs.
- liaising with local Credit Unions
We welcome all applications to sign up as a volunteer & help your local community.